Friday, July 1, 2011

Stevie Nicks, Miranda Lambert, One Republic's Ryan Tedder, Pat Monahan perform on 'The Voice'





It was quite the star-studded evening at "The Voice's" finale results show -- peaking, undeniably, with Stevie Nicks taking the stage to perform her classic "Landslide" as a duet. Also in the house to perform were Miranda Lambert, Ryan Tedder of One Republic, and Train's lead singer, Pat Monahan.

Monahan took the stage first to sing "Drops of Jupiter" with contestant Vicci Martinez. Monahan who will be touring with "The Voice" coach Adam Levine when Maroon 5 and Train hit the road together this summer. After the performance, Vicci's coach Cee-Lo thanked Monahan for participating. "I would like to thank Pat because I know what a sensitive subject matter that song has for him, and I appreciate him sharing that song with you," he told Vicci."

Later, Nicks joined Javier Colon -- who went on to win the competition -- on "Landslide," a performance which rocked his coach Adam Levine considerably. "I told Stevie Nicks I wasn't going to cry on national television, so I'm not going to cry," Adam said, addressing Javier. "That's the coolest thing you've ever done, other than have kids probably, and get married. I'm pretty speechless. You just sang with Stevie Nicks and that's one of the most beautiful duets I've ever heard in my life."

Tedder is a phenomenal songwriter and a wonderful performer, but we have to admit that he felt like a strange choice to pair with Beverly McClellan. His contemporary voice didn't blend particularly well with Beverly's classic rock and blues tones, but they still looked like they had an absolute blast on stage.

Finally, Dia Frampton sang alongside Lambert -- who is, of course, the wife of her coach, Blake Shelton. Shelton had compared the two singers earlier, and their performance of "House That Built Me" clearly moved him deeply. "It finally hit me watching that -- I was probably supposed to have something prepared to say at this moment, but I know now why I get so emotional why I'm around you these last few weeks," he said. "Watching you sing that song with my wife it really hit me. You're family to me now, and I love you, I really do."

0 comments:

More Hot Check It!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by ...DARK SOUL... | Bloggerized by !.DaRk AnGeL.! - FUN N MUSTI WITH STYLE Powered by : UTH DEVELOPERS
-...YOU THINK / WE DO...-